NYC Holiday Events 2019
Gobble Gobble Give NYC:
On Thanksgiving Day, a large group of volunteers, armed with prepared food & donations, will gather at the Church of the Intercession, in Harlem. We will box the warm food into individual containers, sort the donations, & then go out into the community to deliver meals & care packages to New Yorkers in need. What started with a few people handing out meals in 2009, has grown to 750 volunteers & thousands of meals & care packages delivered. Gobble Gobble Give has become an incredible example of what a community can do to create change.
A piece about our event, shot in 2017: https://vimeo.com/248906414
When and Where?
Thanksgiving Day, November 22nd, 2019
Church of the Intercession, Harlem
55 West 155th St, between Broadway & Amsterdam
How do I sign up? You must register online to attend.
Online registration: http://www.gggnyc.org/
Visit our Facebook page for Updates: @gobblegobblegivenyc
There are 5 ways you can help:
• Be an Event Manager, help us manage GGG 2019
•Drop off prepared food or donations at the church
• Volunteer at the church, assemble meals and sort donations
• Deliver meals & care packages to pre-determined locations
• Volunteer at the church, and then deliver meals and care packages
What should I bring?
THE COST OF ADMISSION IS A CASSEROLE SIZED, THANKSGIVING-INSPIRED, PREPARED DISH. Every volunteer is required to bring at least 1 prepared dish, in a recyclable container, with a recyclable serving utensil. Your dish should be cooked, warmed and ready to serve. Our suggestions:
• MEAT/MAIN DISH: Roasted Turkey, Baked Ham (cooked, warmed & sliced)
• STARCH: Mashed Potatoes, Herb Stuffing, Sweet Potatoes, Mac & Cheese
• VEGETABLE: Green Beans, Asparagus, Creamed Corn, Butternut Squash
• DESSERT: Cookies, Pumpkin Pie, Apple Spice Cake, Brownies
We also distribute the following DONATIONS. Bring what you can:
• Canned & Packaged Food
• Travel Sized Toiletries (must be travel sized)
• New and Gently Used Blankets
• New Clothing (new clothing only. Used clothing/shoes will not be accepted)
• New & Gently Used Coats
• New Children's Toys
Other things to know!
• We run out of meat first. Don't know what to bring? Bring Turkey!
• This is a GREEN event. Please bring recyclable containers & utensils.
• Bring your shopping bags! We will use them to bag up the meals & donations.